Readings “Ukraine book”: these are the next dates
We are very pleased about the success of the book “Verlassenes Land” by our member Dr. Knuth Martens. The author invites to readings & discussion evenings on the following dates. Please take the opportunity and join us:
- Wednesday, 8/17/2022, 7:30pm:
Village Hall, 53347 Alfter-Gielsdorf
Village house Alfter-Gielsdorf
- Friday, 19.8.2022, 4 p.m.:
Seniorenwohnheim Brühl GmbH
Festival Hall Haus Wetterstein, 50321 Brühl, Germany
- Thursday, 9/22/2022, 7:30pm:
Bookstore Wortreich in 50169 Kerpen.
The entrance fee is 5 €. The proceeds and donations will benefit our association.
Tickets can be pre-ordered here or by phone: 02273/9904022
Well built in Madagascar
Board member Jürgen Perteck had sent us the first pictures from Madagascar before the summer vacations. To see: The beginnings of well construction at a school initiated by him. And a few weeks later, Jürgen proudly announces the completion of construction work on the 42-meter-deep well. A total of 380 children are now supplied with fresh water. “Before, the water was laboriously transported by hand in canisters over long distances, over unpaved roads, through bushes and in great heat,” Jürgen recounts his impressions.
School bag campaign successfully completed
Just in time for the beginning of the summer vacations, Olli and Janine Drathen had collected unneeded schoolbags from fourth graders in Bonn. You remember: We had reported here. “In the meantime, these have been sorted and are now distributed to Ukrainian schoolchildren as well as to needy families in the region,” Janine tells us. Likewise, the donated team clothing from KWFitness Bonn – we had also reported – goes with us on our next aid transport and thus benefits people in Ukraine.
More info about Menschenfreude e.V. for reading
- More information about our team – and our new addition in summer 2022: mascot Jorgos.
- Info to join, because volunteers are always welcome.
- Read more: Blog post about the aid transport to the Polish-Ukrainian border that resulted in the book.
- Read more: Blog post on the preparations for the transport.
- Follow our promotions on Instagram and Facebook.
- You can also donate via Paypal (www.paypal.me/menschenfreude), keyword: Ukraine. Click on the link or donate button below this post.