Our relief action in video
Much energetic help
- Akademie für Fußballkunst, 50321 Brühl, for the provision of two personal transporters
- BAU-KO Stuckateurbetrieb, 53347 Alfter, for the donation
- Beauty Science, 53757 St. Augustin, for the Instagram fundraiser.
- Bio-Hof Halsbenning, 48308 Senden, for the donation of the sales proceeds
- Bistro Eselchen, 53123 Bonn-Duisdorf for the donation
- dm-drogerie markt, 53347 Alfter, for the donation
- Die Schmiede Fitness, 53347 Alfter, for the provision of the Sprinter
- Mrs. Cremer, hairstyles, colors, cuts, 53229 Bonn for the fundraiser on Instagram
- Edeka Schwindt, 53347 Alfter, for the donation
- Kronen-Apotheke, 50389 Wesseling, for the donation
- Magnetfabrik Bonn, 53119 Bonn for the donation
- Reisecenter Duisdorf, 53123 Bonn for the donation
- REWE Center, 53347 Alfter, for the donation
- REWE Heisterbacherrott, 53639 Königswinter, for the donation
- … countless other companies, clubs, groups of friends and families…
We would love to thank each individual personally, but this would exhaust our volunteer resources. We are just overwhelmed and grateful by your and your response!
Sorting and packing – for the first convoy
On Saturday, March 5, 2022, and the days leading up to it, over 100 volunteers helped us pick up and sort donations. Around 2,500 boxes and bags were piled up in the yard of the Christian relief organization TABEA e.V. in Swisttal, where the storage room of Menschenfreude e.V. is also located. These were assigned to the individual vehicles.
At the end of the day, two large trucks could be fully loaded with food and hygiene products. A team of Polish and Ukrainian riders set off that very day in the direction of Ternopil/Ukraine. The relief supplies are distributed to needy people in two orphanages and two children’s hospitals as well as in metro stations. It is urgent, say the helpers who have already been on the scene.
Relief convoy of Menschenfreude e.V.
Under these great conditions and with countless good wishes in our luggage, our first aid convoy started on March 8. Initially planned as one vehicle with trailer, it ended up as twelve vehicles with a total of 24 drivers. Included: warm blankets, sleeping bags, other hygiene items. What would still be needed locally, we would be able to buy with the help of the donations.
The trip report: part 2
More information about the relief transports of Menschenfreude e.V.
- More about our relief transports and our warehouse in Swisttal.
- You can find information about donating here: Donate & Help.
- Maybe you are interested in starting your own fundraising campaign. Ideas we have collected here!
- You can also donate via Paypal (www.paypal.me/menschenfreude), keyword: Ukraine. Click on the link or donate button below this post.